Over the last several months, a number of updates have been released for Wild Card Creator, adding support for more settings and introducing a number of exciting new features. But we’re not done yet! We’ve got many new things planned for future releases that our beta testers have been hard at work hammering out. Here are a couple of the things you can expect to see:
- Auto-downloading updates: Starting with version 1.1.1, you will no longer have to go to JourneymanGames.net to download a new version of Wild Card Creator; it will download it for you!
- Expanded homebrew setting options: You’ll now be able to homebrew new Special Abilities, vehicles, setting rules, and other content. You’ll also have more options for restricting content, such as “all Futuristic gear from core Savage Worlds”.
- Character-specific homebrew: Did your GM give out some unique gear or allow you to create an Edge just for your character? Now you’ll be able to add them directly to your character alone without needing to create a homebrew setting!
- Character power sheet: Want a printout of the spell descriptions for your wizard? Now you can add one!
- Optional Rules for Published Settings: Want to play Shaintar with the optional 25 XP per rank rule? Weird Wars Rome with the additional character options in the War Master’s section? Interface Zero 2.0 with the optional Athletics skill rule? You’ll be able to enable these and more for the characters you create.
- Support for Super Powers Companion, 2nd Edition and the Sci-fi Companion: We’re already supporting the Fantasy Companion and Horror Companion, so it should come as no surprise that we’re eager to support the two most recent Companion books in Wild Card Creator!
- Even more settings: Although much of the recent focus has been on the under the hood changes in Wild Card Creator, we’re getting back into full swing for supporting more settings and have enlisted some help in making this possible. We’re confident about meeting our goal of support for all the published settings in Savage Worlds by Autumn 2014. Check out our progress here.
- Lots of little things: We’re making a bunch of minor improvements to the entire user experience, making the app as a whole more easy and fun to use!
Wild Card Creator has a lot planned for the next several releases and we hope you are as excited as we are for what the future has in store!
And if you’re really eager and are interested in beta testing for the next version, contact us and we’ll see what we can do!